Envirosafe Termite & Pest
1800 Camden Rd #1071
Charlotte NC 28203
About Termites in My Charlotte Home
Guaranteed Termidor Termite Treatment
SPECIAL! LOW ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT!
Call us for! 704-392-2241
• Termites have been around since the time of the dinosaurs!
• Termite colonies eat non-stop, 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
• Termites have wings that they shed once they have found a good place to build a nest.
• Termites cause up to $2 billion in damage per year!
• All Termites are social insects and raise their young as a group.
• The total weight of all of the termites in the world is more than the weight of all the humans in the world.
The eastern subterranean termite is the most common North American termite. They feed on cellulose material such as wood, wood fixtures, paper, books and cotton. A mature colony can range from 20,000 to five million workers, with the queen adding up to 10 000 eggs per year to the total. Eastern subterranean termites have no permanent nests and the colony remains mobile.
Termites eat wood, wallpaper, plastics and fabric made from plants.
Subterranean termites need contact with the soil to survive. They live in underground colonies or in wet areas aboveground. They build tunnels to reach food and every spring, groups of reproductive termites fly off to start new colonies.
Subterranean termites are the most destructive kind of termite. They can eat a lot of wood and they can cause a lot of expensive damage to a house! They can destroy building foundations, wooden support beams, plastic plumbing pipes, sub-flooring, insulation … even swimming pool liners and filtration systems! Termites can also injure or destroy living trees and shrubs.
• Don’t let water pool around your home's foundation. Termites like that!
• Never leave wood scraps in the yard for them to snack on.
Formosan termite colonies can be up to 300 feet long and there can be tens of thousands of termites in a single colony. Formosan termite colonies are divided into three groups: workers, soldiers and reproductives. They are the largest and most destructive kind of termite.
Formosan Termites eat wood and fabric made from plants. When they eat dead trees, these termites help the environment and make space for new plant life.
Formosans live in huge underground colonies, and build mud nests inside the walls of a building. They can also live in boats and buildings.
Formosan termites eat a lot of wood and can damage your house.
To avoid Formosan termites, make sure water drains away from your house and keep damp wood away from your home.